Coconut Tapioca Mango Mousse
- May 16, 2020
- 30 min
- 300 Cals/Serving
- Print this
- - 1 1/2 cups small white pearl tapioca
- - 2 to 3 ripen mangos
- - 13.5 oz. or 1 can coconut milk
- - 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsps granulated sugar
- - pinch of salt
- - pinch of nutmeg
- - pinch of cardamom
- - 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Step 1
- To make Tapioca: Prepare a pot of water (about 4-5 cups) and bring it to boil. Add the tapioca into the boiling water. Cooking until it’s started to change from white to translucent pearls. Do not over cook as it will turn into a thick paste like glue texture. Remove from the heat.
- Step 2
- Pour over the sink in the fine strainer and rinse with cold water to remove the excess starches. The pearls should be separated from each other and less sticky.
- Step 3
- Prepare a small pot over the stove on medium low heat, add coconut milk into the pot, then add 1/2 cup sugar and pinch of salt. Stir for a minute till it’s starting to create the small bubbles on the surface from the heat. Then heat to low. Then transfer tapioca back into the coconut milk. Stir to mix the tapioca into the coconut milk and remove from the heat. If you feel that it’s too creamy you can add a few tablespoons of water. Tip: you do not want to cook the tapioca in the coconut milk since it’s already cooked. The longer you cook it will turn into a thick paste.
- Step 4
- To make the mango mousse: Peel the mango and cut into small cubes. Leave about half and set aside for the topping. Put the half into a food processor or blender. Add a little bit of water so that it can puree.
- Step 5
- Transfer the puree mango to the small pot over the stove with low heat. Add the lime zest and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Stir for a few till it’s warm and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Step 6
- To serve: Recommend to use the clear glass or jar where you can see each layer. Put about 2/3 of the cup with tapioca. Then top with 1-2 tablespoons of mango mousse. Then sprinkle with toasted coconuts and cut mangos. Serve warm immediately.